Dual Rx

Andy J

Advert

I will do something similar, but hadn't thought ahead about how the fail-safe will work.

I'll use a X6R or X8R for the channels in the fus, with the SBUS output running to an SBUS-PWM converter in the wing where 4 or 6 higher channels can be connected. It will probably use the first 6/8CH as PWM from the Rx and channels 9-16 from the converter. I don't know how SBUS channels are treated in fail-safe, I guess just the same as the PWM....

Might be worth considering using a RB20? **LINK**

That way you can use use an X6R or RX6R RX with the Sbus out connected to RB 20 and you will get 15 PWM channels, you can connect a second RX SBUS out to the 2nd SBUS in for reduncancy, you can for real belt and braces use something like an R9 Slim so that you have dual transmission and dual frequency reception, RB20 has many other features in addition, poly fused on each channel and dual battery automatic support..

(disclaimer, please note I have no idea on what planes we are discussing here).

Edited By Philip Lewis 3 on 14/06/2020 15:08:27

Edited By Philip Lewis 3 on 14/06/2020 15:08:46

Posted by Philip Lewis 3 on 14/06/2020 14:11:05:

No you don't because you effectively only have one RX with 16 channels in two little black boxes.

Mine are bound separately. One Rx doing port, the other starboard, with separate batteries and switches. If one battery and Rx fail the plane has still some commands.

Posted by David Hall 9 on 14/06/2020 14:47:22:

I will do something similar, but hadn't thought ahead about how the fail-safe will work.

I'll use a X6R or X8R for the channels in the fus, with the SBUS output running to an SBUS-PWM converter in the wing where 4 or 6 higher channels can be connected. It will probably use the first 6/8CH as PWM from the Rx and channels 9-16 from the converter. I don't know how SBUS channels are treated in fail-safe, I guess just the same as the PWM....

For most purposes yes. The exception that I'm aware of is with 'no pulse' set at the transmitter where SBus does something like hold last position. Caused me hours of frustration trying to figure out why XPS X10+ decoder boards would not go into their configured failsafe outputs on loss of transmitter signal - the receiver was still sending pulses on SBus!

Edited By Bob Cotsford on 14/06/2020 17:25:43

Was going to go down the route of two batteries but have never had a battery fail on me so happy to use a high capacity 6V pack. Have routed the power through a pair of switches though.

Given there is a significant difference in the RB-10 and RB-20 cost from T9, did think I could get away with 8ch but note on the RB-10 they don't recommend connecting 2 servos on one channel using a Y lead. Therefore to save some monies will opt for an 8ch set up and use a second X Rx connected to the Sbus thus avoiding the need for an RB-10.