HobbyKing ,AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Never been a lover of Hobby King .In my opionion the only good thing to come out of Hobby King is the Durafly Vampire .Just tried to order one and they are out of Stock ,no surprise there ,most thing are out of stock after Lock Down ,I then tried to alert me when back in stock and all I kept getting was I had done an illegal act .Do Hobby King what people to buy from them or do they just like making life difficult for everyone that want to buy from there so called web site. I gave up and brought a model from FMS .No problem there

Advert

Love 'em or loath 'em, Hobbyking revolutionised our hobby, by cutting out the middlemen and bringing affordable R/C goods (in particular electric flight) to the masses. Go back ten years and they were really humming, but as of late and since the disasterous Website revamp of a few years ago, they've been a shadow of what they were. Political and economic woes have dented their operation and left them with stock shortages and considerable price hikes - they are no longer the power that they once were IMHO. Pressure on disposable incomes made much worse by the pandemic might well do for them.

Some interesting stats here...https://ecommercedb.com/en/store/hobbyking.com

Edited By Cuban8 on 02/07/2020 14:31:28

I use physical shops where I can, but HK are my preferred source for LiPos (Turnigy) and some of their models are excellent and unavailable anywhere else - Vampire, Avios Spitfire being examples of those I've had or are currently flying.

Never had a problem ordering from them, but I only order things that are listed as in stock in the UK warehouse. I never order goods from anyone that are listed as "shadow stock" or "backorder".

I agree that there web site is now pants. Searching is now a real chore.

The stock levels are not what they were, at any of their depots. Yet far better than your LMS if you have one.

Still good value for money, compared with who ever you choose.

I cannot but notice that many others have come and gone, in this sector of the model trade, or are not what they were, I do not want to mention names.

At present I get the impression that France can be a major hold up for goods coming from China, destined for the EU and UK if the ship docks say at Brest etc.

I am guessing in that many Chinese suppliers are also having their difficulties. On that basis, if true, so will HK.

• 2 months later...

Irrespective of HobbyKing, international supply chains are now totally Kn**kered. Whether it is retail goods, or manufacturing materials. It is going to take some time before oreder (as it was) is returned, if ever. The "Spanish flu" outbreak took over 6 years to recede and killed approx 20 million people. Though we now have improved science, this disease is far worse scientifically. Remember WWI ? It will all be over by Christmas. 1939, "peace in our times". I am an optimist, who believes that we will beat this and come out stronger and better prepared for future possibilities. However I am also a realist, who knows this is going to take a long time and that politicians (love em, or hate, em) have to keep people working together. The alternative is anarchy (Mad Max anybody ?).