CARSON REFLEX

Hello everyone . Has anyone used or not recommend using a CARSON REFLEX STICK 2 TRANSMITTER AND RECEIVER SET 6 CHANNEL 2.4GHZ. I'm building a vintage plane nothing special free flight but with rc control 2 channel . It's what I call middle range but everywhere I look I see people using it on tanks boats and trucks . But doesn't say I can't use on a plane. Should I keep clear of this item or say sod it .it will be fine.

Advert

I can't be sure, but you may need to ask about its transmitting range. It looks to me as though it is only meant for models that are on the ground, and operating at reasonably short distances. Bearing in mind that airborne models often get quite a way from you on the ground.

If you are considering having the 2 basic channels, which are usually rudder and elevator, and you want to also be able to control the engine as well, then you need 3 channels. Far better to go for a 4 channel radio set and only use 3 of the channels, and later on, you can expand to use all 4 channels. Rudder,elevator aileron and of course engine control.

Thats the way I would go if it were me. Hope this helps a bit. Anthony.

Posted by Martin Blake on 04/08/2020 05:24:45:

Its a vintage plane so i have a mills .75 diesel so no throttle is needed. Yes im thinking the same think i will look down another route. Thanks.

Also if you anticipate building more planes in the future so at some later time need more than the one receiver it came with, or expect any future support or service you should buy something more 'mainstream'.

Radios like that have a habit of briefly appearing on outfits such as Ebay or Amazon for a few weeks or at best a few months, disappearing, and never being heard of again. They are the radio equivalent of 'spam'.

The cheapest Futaba set ( about 69 pounds from Sussex Models etc) would be a better buy. Not as good as better Futaba models with screen and multiple memories but about 100 pound cheaper.

Same with Spektrum the cheapest model would be better than an unknown make which might not be suitable for aircraft.

I bought a plane and radio set from ebay, quite a good deal, a YT taylorcraft and sc 91fs engine and Goulrc radio set.

It came with a 8ch rx. which works fine, and it is a Microzone radio, in the fact the supplied 8ch rx is Microzone.

So I bough a 6ch Microzone rx from Century, as they sell the 6ch Microzone radios, mine being the 8ch (Centruy have never heard of the 8ch one.)

I can't get to to bind to the 6ch rx, even though the only difference is the channels. and can't find even a google seach of 7ch rx's anywhere.

The radio was sold on Amazon, but now no support, which is a shame, as it would do as a cheap knock around set, but support is non-existent...

dscf5617.jpg