Old School Glider Power Pod Test Flight

Cliff 1959

Advert

Geoff, yes the cg is pretty much the same so as a pure glider it's that little bit lighter.

Bob, I use a kill switch on the tx but of course that means nothing if the switch is not activated but I hear what you're saying of course. However the hatch is retained by a hook which slides onto a dowels at the back and the latch is on the front. This means I can slide the hatch under the prop arc keeping my fingers well away from danger 🙂

I don't want to rain on your bonfire Cliff, but why didn't you just chop off the existing nose & re-model it around a motor ?

Would have been neater & less draggy.

PS what was the all up weight before then after ?

Edited By PatMc on 09/08/2020 21:18:50

Posted by PatMc on 09/08/2020 21:16:42:

I don't want to rain on your bonfire Cliff, but why didn't you just chop off the existing nose & re-model it around a motor ?

Would have been neater & less draggy.

PS what was the all up weight before then after ?

Edited By PatMc on 09/08/2020 21:18:50

Very good reason actually Pat and that is it's an original model from the 70's and I promised the seller I would keep her just the way she was built, plus it easily comes off for gentle sloping or aerotowing. As for the weight I haven't weighed it, it's only a motor and a little 3mm ply so not much.

The battery is bigger but I removed a chunk of lead in the nose which compensated nicely.