Ben Buckle Kits

Advert

To be honest it would be no great surprise if they stopped producing kits. Ben Buckle's son Colin must be of an age now where he might want to stop.

He might also have found that due to covid related supply chain issues he cannot source raw materials. He wouldn't be the only UK kit manufacturer to have that issue this year.

I wonder if you have tried contacting Colin using any of the methods listed on his website?

**LINK**

• 1 month later...

My wife ordered and paid for a BB kit in October, initially as a birthday present for me and now re-scheduled as a Christmas present, but nothing has arrived yet. They took payment for the kit plus postage and packing. They are based about half an hour away from us, we could easily collect of only we could make contact - but emails and phone calls remain unanswered.

There is nothing on the BB website to explain the delay.

There is this comment on another thread by David Ashby, dated end November:

"I've had a message to the effect that Colin of BB is just undergoing rehab after surgery and, hopefully, should be back at the helm in a couple of weeks. Like lots of Hobby traders, he's the owner/manager which is why things have been a little quiet of late."

Sorry I don't know how to post a link.

That's true! I'll only be able to think about building and flying it as well, though.

I do feel sorry for Colin Buckle, I have been in and out of hospital a few times over the last few years and understand the difficulties involved. I hope he is making a satisfactory recovery.

Edited By Dave S. on 24/12/2020 16:05:58

• 2 weeks later...