Servo adjustments

Glasshopper

I use a Taranis 9d plus transmitter and recently had occasion to reduce the servo travel throws on the rudder and elevator of a model by 40% or more. When I checked my channel monitor I found that when the servos had reached their set limits the sticks still had 40% more travel which was “lost”. I had not noticed this effect before because other adjustments were so small I did not notice. My question is whether this is expected, it seems logical enough to me but my co pilots who are all Spekky users claim this would no happen on their transmitters.

I have made the servo adjustments using “inputs” “mixers” and “outputs severally and independently but the result is the same.

Hi, as mentioned above control surfaces travel should be set up mechanically as far as possible and then a minor adjustment with the electronics. Primarily because very small servo travel with large surface movement results in very granular/notchy operation + adds more load to the servo.

There are a multitude of different ways of setting things up and I have achieved the same effect as yours with Spektrum kit and managed to get rid of it as well, but its when I was trying to do things because I could not achieve it mechanically (easily).

The joy of this hobby....lots of fiddling, reading the manual and someone (not me) will come a long and explain the easy way of doing it!