Coreldraw X6 tracing a wing rib outline for laser cutting

Graeme Robson 1

Hi All,

I'm using Coreldraw X6 for last few weeks only so am a beginner... and have managed to do a reasonable outline of a wing rib however..

I'm being told the wing rib needs to be drawn in "one piece" however i'm starting with a right angled triangle and then converting the upper line to curve to allow me to shape it to the rib upper profile and this gives me 3 nodes so how do I get to 1 node which i assume is the one piece drawing...Ive looked at online helps but I must be doing something wrong...cos I cant do it....unless im, doing something completely wrong??

G

I'm an AutoCAD user, but I think the solution is similar...

You need to draw the outline with a continuous line. Look at the Polyline function to trace the outline of the rib. That will allow you to make the tracing in one single line made up of many segments. You can then apply a spline command to smooth out the segments as you need...

I bet there are YouTube videos that show this perfectly...

Actually, I draw plans but cut the parts out by hand, but I've just looked at a Laser Cutter who I have bought kits from in the past and they explain quite well their requirements for the drawing.

It seems that polylines are still the way to go, but they say that splines may not reproduce well. In that case I think you can get good resolution on your wing rib by making each line segment of the polyline shorter as you trace around the rib.

The guide is here:

**LINK**