Futaba 10C 2.4Ghz

Piper Cub

Advert

I have just bought a 10C and my thinking was that only if you think that 2.4Ghz is be be all and end all for RC frequencies would you want to buy a non modular Tx. If like me you think that such things as allocated frequency use is always open to change then a modular Tx is a must.

Technology moves very fast so to be able to isolate an important component of the system in a plug in module must be a benefit.

Do not ask what I think of it because it is my sons Christmas present and my wife will not let me play with it.

Just My view.

Bruce Richards wrote (see)

I have just bought a 10C and my thinking was that only if you think that 2.4Ghz is be be all and end all for RC frequencies would you want to buy a non modular Tx. If like me you think that such things as allocated frequency use is always open to change then a modular Tx is a must.

Technology moves very fast so to be able to isolate an important component of the system in a plug in module must be a benefit.

Do not ask what I think of it because it is my sons Christmas present and my wife will not let me play with it.

Just My view.

Seems to be a sensible approach to me especially as the 10c is already digital according to the blurb so no loss of signal processing time! Im looking at new Futaba equipment as I think they are the best. The 10C gives the option of 2.4Ghz for leccie which Im just getting into yet still allows the option of 35Mhz for my helis.

2.4Ghz seems to have a question mark rightly or wrongly for glitches if you read the leccie forum like any other system so Im not totally convinced yet putting it in a  scale heli fuz which all in will cost a grand plus.

I think you should test the equipment before crimbo. I mean, you must test that its working properly!

I've run my 10 C for a couple of months now, it fits my needs fine, it only has 8 proportinal channels and 2 switchable ones. It has better programming than the 9 which it replaces plus it has the ability to use different bands with the use of modules, I see this as a positive as I did'nt have to switch all my models to 2.4 immediately and unlike many I don't see the fact that the set has two aerials ie one on the trannie for 35Mhz and one on the module for 2.4Ghz as a problem/eyesore. I did look at the twelve channel Futaba but it's way too expensive for my budget. The only mod I've made is to fit a small extension on the mounting point for a neckstrap as the trannie is slightly off blance on the strap when the 35 Mhz aerial is not extended

Ultymate wrote (see)
I've run my 10 C for a couple of months now, it fits my needs fine, it only has 8 proportinal channels and 2 switchable ones. It has better programming than the 9 which it replaces plus it has the ability to use different bands with the use of modules, I see this as a positive as I did'nt have to switch all my models to 2.4 immediately and unlike many I don't see the fact that the set has two aerials ie one on the trannie for 35Mhz and one on the module for 2.4Ghz as a problem/eyesore. I did look at the twelve channel Futaba but it's way too expensive for my budget. The only mod I've made is to fit a small extension on the mounting point for a neckstrap as the trannie is slightly off blance on the strap when the 35 Mhz aerial is not extended

I have my transmitter in a tray (more comfortable especially for helis). Im a bit concerned whether the 10C with 2.4Ghz aerial would fit. Any thoughts?

Piper Cub, dependant on the tray you may have to modify it to accept the 10 C, if your not  too far from your local hobby shop why not take your tray a long and check it out. I actually fly with the 2.4 aerial pointing down towards the ground, this or the horizontal position being the two most reccomended by Futaba.

I like the 10C, been using it now for a few months and aside from the fact that it's nice to use, the modular system seems to be a good way of accomodating both frequencies. I like the fact that I can change receivers in a model and the Tx settings (trims etc) will remain in place when I change the modulation on the Tx, very handy, all in all a nice bit of kit.

I can 100% support Davids view of the 10c. I've had mine for 4 months now and its been absolutely rock solid.

Being able to move from 2.4 back to 35MHz so easily is a real advantage. It has also meant that I have been able to go 2.4 without needing to change every model over with all the expense of doing so.

Also having had a 9c before it meant that I could just copy over all the model memories to the 10c using the Campac facility so I didn't have to set up all the models from scratch (several days spent flying rather than fiddling with the radio!)

• 3 years later...
hi lads, sorry to jump in here but does anyone know how to set an opto kill switch on the futaba 10c, using a 6014 rx?? works perfectly on my 7ch transmitter and rx but refuses to function on any channel of the 10c and 6014 rx... although a servo moves when plugged into rx and the switch flicked, also i tried putting end point adjustment to full
head melting trying to do this thing,
ultymate has told me to use signal booster but i am not up to speed on these things...

Been using my 10C for a couple of years now. I originally bought it (a) to get more model memories than the 7C and, (b) to be able to fly my 35MHz models as well as my electric 2.4GHz models, with one trannie.

One advantage of the modular system is you can use other makers' modules, such as Spektrum and Jeti. One of my flying buddies equipped his glider with a Jeti receiver and telemetry, so is able to use his modular Futaba transmitter with the matching module.

Tom as I said on one of the other two threads you posted the signal voltage on the 14Ch receiver is lower than their smaller receivers and is around 3Volts and several servos and opto kill switches will not function without fitting a signal booster in line to said servo/s or kill switch they are simple plug and play items.

Tom you're obviously new here but it's not the best of manners to ask the same question on multiple threads and not reply to the person who proffers an answer to your question!