Fokker cockpit

Ernie

• 1 month later...
Advert

Ernie, 

Have you seen the FSM 'Eindekker Special' at all?  I forget the date (it's at home and I'm at work!) but it carried Peter Rake's 60" version as a free plan.  It had some 3-view drawings along with a couple of old pics.

Naturally I wouldn't dare suggest breaking copyright and scanning it to send you a copy

Hi Chris, I'm building the Proctor kit, complete with a warping system..It follows the full size system, with a powerful servo under the pilots seat..The wings are nearly complete, they are very delicate, with a scale section, with light, bendy ribs..I'm most concerned about the fabric (probably solartex) wrinkling, Of course maybe the young Fokker had the same problem. I'll let you know how it goes in a few months

ernie

I didn't realise any commercial product had tackled the warping thing, I do hate putting dihedral on something that didn't have it originally, spoils the whole thing, still, in the Rake concept, it is only sport scale and much simplified.

Btw, I meant to say 60" not 80".

I don't know what the answer is to the fabric problem, if you need a tex finish your options are limited, on the positive side though, it will only be wrinkled when torsion is applied (ie. in the air) so you won't see it!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...