Micro Bird of Time glider

Steve Houghton 1

Advert

The build stage on mine is done but I'm now struggling with the RC components. Being a HiTec A9 user, I can no longer obtain a micro RX with Molex connectors, or in fact, the Frysky 4ch HiTec compatible AFHSS RX with JR/Futaba connectors.

I also have a Graupner Hott TX and I can buy, (from Germany) a micro RX with Molex connectors at a price of 39.99 Euro plus shipping, which is like half the cost of the model frown.gif

I can purchase from the UK 1.7gm servos and a 1S LiPo but that's no use if I can't plug them into a RX. My only alternative is to use a Frysky AFHSS compatible 4ch micro RX that I've removed from another model, 2 x 4.5gm HiTec servo's I already have in my box and a 2S 300mah LiPo, which is fine but it will increase the AUW considerably frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is Part 3 of flying the J&H Aerospace Micro Bird of Time, this time on the hi-start again after making adjustments, and the result was a huge improvement. However I think I may have angled down the tow hook too much as I've flown again since this video was made on a totally windless day and the model just kept pinging off the hook on the climb up almost every time. So more adjustments to be made.