Bad Vibrations

Steve Colman

After a week i've just about got the knack of controlling my Esky Robins but I now have a problem.

After a particularly hard impact with a non moveable object the heli now has a problem with excess vibration which is particularly apparent at the tail. It is perfectly stable and controllable but appears to be shaking itself apart. The fly bar has a very slight curve but which is only noticable when rolled along a flat surface. I also ran the motors slowly without the fly bar and the vibration is still there so I think said fly bar is not the problem. And, a visual check of the rotor shaft doesn't show anything obvious.

Anyone have any ideas please?

Steve. 

Advert

Hi Steve

Normally vibration as you suggest is normally down to a slightly bent main shaft. Not normally apparent to the eye on the copter.  Take it out an roll it across a piece of glass.  Check the pitch of the blades also when running the motor.  Hold it down on the floor and run the motor and see if the blades are running level with each other.

Al

Steve,

This a problem for anyone with a helicopter as it can be a number of things! Even If the shaft does not look bent the slightest damage to it will effect it. It only needs a slight movement to up set you heli. Is the tail twitching from side to side? I have a Blade CX2 and if the tail twitcties you normally have to adjust the "Gain" pot to correct this problem.

Hope this helps.....

hi Steve

This is a common thing that happens to the cx helis the blades are a bit prone to getting bent and if you put a strip of glass reinforced sticky tape over the leading edge of the blade it makes them less prone to damage and stiffens them up and also improves lift I have made a set last over six months by doing this as they will not brake so easy.

Robins 22 the best Owen.