Help- Problem with Firefox Log-in to Model Flying Site

Tosh McCaber

Yesterday, using Firefox, my default Internet platform, after running through a few pages on the Model Flying site, I pressed the button to send in a comment, and came up with the following:

"400 Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit."

I tried to log in several times, with the same result.  Same result today.

I finally went to Chrome, which I'm on now, and had no problem with accessing your site.

Any idea what's the problem?  I certainly don't want to swap between Firefox and Chrome every time I access the Model Flying site!

Any help appreciated!

Advert

Nope- I had been looking at various areas on the site, went to post a query- and up it came.  I've tried closing down Firefox, and restarting it.  No joy.  Next stage- I'll try shutting down the computer and going for a restart, to see if that works. Yes Dick, it happened when I pressed the "Submit Reply button to send my question. 

If that doesn't help, it might be a cookie problem on your PC.  You could follow this advice...

Clear Relevant Cookies

As discussed above, one potential cause of a 400 Bad Request Error is an invalid or duplicate local cookie. HTTP cookies are tiny pieces of data stored on your local device, which are used by websites and applications as a mechanism to “remember” information about this particular browser and/or device. Most modern web apps take advantage of cookies to store user- or browser-specific data, identifying the client and allowing for future visits to be faster and easier.

However, a cookie that stores session information about your particular user account or device could be conflicting with another session token from another user, giving one (or both of you) a 400 Bad Request Error.

In most cases, you only need to concern yourself with cookies that are relevant to the website or application causing the problem. Cookies are stored based on the web application’s domain name, so you can explicitly remove only those cookies that match the website domain (e.g. airbrake.io), thereby keeping all other cookies intact. However, if you are unfamiliar with manually removing certain cookies, it’s much easier and safer to clear all cookies at once.

Clearing cookies can be accomplished in different ways, depending on the browser you’re using:

Hi Martin,

Many thanks for your reply.  Went into the padlock key as instructed, cleared the cookies for the site, flagged up a new tab, entered the URL from my bookmarks column- Bob's your job, the site has come up again!  Hopefully all is now well!

Thanks again.

• Like 1