Seagull / Sg Skyraider, 1.60m

Paul De Tourtoulon

The vibrations of the engine continue !!!

The wing centring dowel and the wooden block with the threaded plastic nut both broke away from the Starboard wing, with the two flap sevros' gone' it now loops, but I have had enough of this rubbish motor, it is going to be binned and the 20cc one is going in and the rockets back onto the wing.

unless I can find a cheap alternative,, ( no asp )

Edited by Paul De Tourtoulon
e

I flew it this afternoon, it's fast and really noisy,so I think a good 15cc petrol is more than enough, the outlet on the silencer

has an inside diameter of 19mm I was thinking of making a Db stopper as I can't seem to find anyone in France selling them, what are your thoughts and the hole diameters in one ?.

thanks Paul

db stopper.jpg

Sorry, I perhaps explained it badly.

No problem between the crankshaft and prop driver (that I know of), rather the prop slips on the prop driver no matter how hard I try. First I used wooden props and thought the wood may be compressing and causing the slippage; then I tried composite - this seemed to slip so much that the washer between the prop and prop nut became embedded in the prop (possibly due to heat). Then I tried to grind some grooves into the prop driver - fail; I have now bonded some glass paper to the driver and prop to see if that helps (and tightened as much as I possibly can.

If that fails, I'll buy a new prop driver......

Mine is the old, rear mounted type.

Ok not the cleanest of jobs, I am sorry to the real scale builders if these photos give you nightmares, it is not intentional and no planes other than my Skyraider were Hurt, Damaged, Tortured, or other,,,,

I brought the engine forward 1 cm and in went the Pitts silencer, the gaping hole was from the old exhaust and yes it's going to stay that way, ?

Pitts right skyraider-2048.jpg

Skyraider pitts left-2048.jpg