DSM Excelsior 1500

Masher

Looking for some help please. I have acquired a DSM Excelsior 1500 which was built and flown many years ago. I have re-fitted it out with OS 55 AX and it flies very well. Unfortunately the F/G cowl is a poor fit and was cut out for different engine and pipe so I am looking for a replacement cowl.

Rumour has it that there is a similar cowl that can be made to fit, mentioned on this forum? Carbon Copy do one for the DSM Smart Move but that is a lot bigger.

Mine is the smaller version of the Excelsior. I expect I will have to fabricate a cowl out of F/G or balsa but just hoping there is an easier option.

Thanks for any input

Excelsior1500.jpg

Advert

Morning Masher

I have a DSM Aerostar which I bought off eBay. It's sound but a bit doggy. I don't think I'll restore it, I'll just keep it as a winter hack. I contacted Carbon Copy about a suitable canopy and cowling and they provided both. The cowling was from a DH Chipmunk but fitted perfectly. Of course, now that winter's approaching and it's time to start putting the model together, I've lost the cowl!

They're worth an email.