6 Nations Rugby Union 2022.

john stones 1 - Moderator

15 hours ago, GrumpyGnome said:

Two exciting games! 

Suspect tomorrow will be a little less of a contest.......

It will be no contest, if England treat them with some respect. France last week, started with a mindset to brush them aside, without a high work rate, softening up not needed.
And had to change their minds.

Italy just keep going. One day, they will humiliate someone. 

No idea where we are as a team myself, we appear not to have a identity, seem to out think ourselves with cunning plans and don't even mention our kicking game. ?

Line breaks are few n far between and we rarely shift opponents defense and create space, too predictable.

Quick ball and win breakdowns, less aimless kicking please. ?

A game of 2 halves!  Fancy a try scored by a hooker and a prop from flowing open play!  Yes, Italy is greatly improved over previous years both in skill and finess levels.  If they had successfully kicked for goal from all their penalties they would have scored 12 pts - I think.  Good they had the ambition to kick to the corner but not good they never converted one of those efforts into points.  

I thought that England lost it in the final quarter.  Too many handling errors and silly kicking away possession by Ben Youngs.  

Next week will be a much sterner test for England!

8 minutes ago, Peter Jenkins said:

A game of 2 halves!  Fancy a try scored by a hooker and a prop from flowing open play!  Yes, Italy is greatly improved over previous years both in skill and finess levels.  If they had successfully kicked for goal from all their penalties they would have scored 12 pts - I think.  Good they had the ambition to kick to the corner but not good they never converted one of those efforts into points.  

I thought that England lost it in the final quarter.  Too many handling errors and silly kicking away possession by Ben Youngs.  

Next week will be a much sterner test for England!

Yep, tricky things weeks off. ?

Now Peter, I think, just perhaps, the men in White, week after next, might have a few additions/retournees. I would be  surprised if Wales drive then too close. 

Their competition comes in March, 12th and 19th. No idea as to outcome, except a few gear shifts needed I reckon.

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, john stones 1 - Moderator said:

Back to business this weekend. ?

Scots host the French, hope it's close and flowing rugby.

English host the Welsh, hope LCD has sorted his throwing in. ??

Irish host the Italians, tough day ahead for Italy, hope they score a few.

I think the French will certainly be close to Scotland and flowing over them!

Wales may come out with a bit of a point to prove and I hope England come out ready to start from the whistle and not after 20 mins and being 10 points down.

The Italians had better get the Pope to read the riot act to the Irish otherwise I fear they are going to get marmalised.

Should be interesting.  Going flying in the morning so may fall asleep in the afternoon unless the excitement factor is high!

Friends from Canada are here, clearing their house, wot they  have sold.

Somewhat, a bit, beloved, (oh, I didn’t realize rugby is on) has volunteered me to cook a fish stew for five, with bits and bread, all by hand. Not greatly amused.

GN, diwrnod da.

Scotland, not sure.

England, a win, big win?

Hard weekend for Italy