The E-flite Blade MCX Micro Heli

Alan B

Hi

Just for members interest. I picked up one of these the other day. I tried to get one of the bind and fly versions ie: without transmitter - but nobody has any in stock - so I had to get the full version which I got for £75 so wasn't to bad  you do not need to buy anything extra - it flys straight out the box, all batteries included. Even the little Lipo was fully charged.

The heli is so stable and so easy to fly (even my girlfriend can fly this one!!)  and being Spektrum compatable (I have bound it to my DX 7) it is really impressive.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z220/AlanB7/PB190017.jpg

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z220/AlanB7/E-fliteBladeMCX.jpg

As previously stated by Cliff & Vinni in the "Which Micro Heli " thread.  this little heli is not cheap - but what a joy to fly and you wouldn't regret buying one of these. This heli is for purely flying at home. you can fly it anywhere!! I reckon you could fly it in a large cupboard and not smack the sides.  I flew mine today in my conservatory - I have demonstrated briefly "flying hands off" check out the Vid on the link below

CLICK HERE

These little helis just get better and better, If it hadn't been for the fall of the pound against the dollar this magic little heli would have been cheaper!!

As Owen would say -"Happy Hovering"

Al

Binding is quiet simple.  On the supplied transmitter you just plug in the battery to the heli. The receiver flashes quickly - then you push down the throttle stick into the TX . Holding it down ,you then switch on the Tx  - a few beeps -the receiver light goes solid -  job done!.  Binding Specktrum TX Ie: DX-7 . Just plug in the battery - same procedure and bind the TX as per normal - very easy.

Al

I can't answer the first question.

I followed the instructions in the manual and just watched which way

the servos pulled the swash plate down and which way they pulled it

up. I followed all four pictures

I altered the dip switches of my LP5DSM transmitter numbers 6,7 and 8

and everthing worked alright. When I fly my Blade CX2 again I will have

to alter them again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I only fly mine for 7 minutes tops.  It could be a electrical problem.  I would suggest if it flys fine for 7 mins - then I wouldn't worry about it.  I would suggest trying a second battery and see what happens.

If its still the same and you only have short flight times and the spin occurs - then I would suggest you return it to your supplier.

Al

• 2 weeks later...

Eric,

It needed full right rudder trim and some rudder stick  just to stop the spinning, as I said replacement of the controller board fixed the problem, it looked like one of the ESC's was faulty, it now has a very solid hover and will fly until the LED flashes to indicate low battery with no yaw. One other thing I have done is to lubricate the inner and other shafts with ROBBE oil designed to lubricate plastic gears, ball links etc. which I got from Midland Helicopters, this has improved the run times.