Phoenix flying session arrangements/times

David Ashby - Moderator

Alan, I feel your frustration
did you do the port forwarding thing? I've got mine working with the firewall on

which router do you have?
I think Pheonix works more on a peer to peer basis rather than a central server, which is why everyone has to be configured correctly.

I have to go out now for the afternoon, but will leave the rActive session up and runningif you whish to try it

I'll look it up and come back to you, you could try a google search in the mean time

you basicaly have to make sure ports 9000 to 9005 are forwarded to the pc you are using (make sure you use the UPD protocol) I think of ports like channels and 9000 - 9005 are reserved for pheonix to talk over.

There should be info in the manual that came with the router (or most likely online)

sorry about the odd postings, something is causing them to repeat

mod - please feel free to delete this one

I'll look it up and come back to you, you could try a google search in the mean time

you basicaly have to make sure ports 9000 to 9005 are forwarded to the pc you are using (make sure you use the UPD protocol) I think of ports like channels and 9000 - 9005 are reserved for pheonix to talk over.

There should be info in the manual that came with the router (or most likely online)

Hi all IHMO the way the flight sim works is you host the fly in on your computer and others come through the Internet and connect to your session. The Sim runs on ports 9000-9005 and is treated like a game when your PC send the request to my PC then the traffic from your PC hits my router and if the ports are not open on my router you don't get in, your blocked. So in a nut shell who ever is hosting the session needs to go on the web / read the router manual and set up port forwarding on their routers to let people connect to the session.  as rActive said above
Fire walls these are great but you must also let the firewall pass traffic for the same port numbers, to see if this the issue then turn off the firewall and if you then get in you need to read on how to let these ports come through on the firewall. Don't forget to turn it back on as some people have not discovered model flying yet and prefer to write malicious software.
I have now opened these ports on my router so will host a fly in to night to test the set up.
site is              model.flying.co.uk
password       rcme
19:00 see you there.

Phoenix uses UDP ports 9000 - 9005 to communicate online

Port forwarding