Phoenix flying session arrangements/times

David Ashby - Moderator

Well you need the Pheonix sim first lads then just join an on-line flying session ........someone creates a field and you just all join in. I think Jon mentioned it here on the forum a while back but I hadn't realised just how good fun it was till Nasa Steve and I had a flying session last night. We were flying two Hawks in red arrows scheme and I was red one and .....

Good Idea David

However I'm at my girlfriends - I have my TX but left my Interface cable at home 15 miles down the road   So this weekend perhaps not. Any other time yes.  You could always set up a password proctected session and PM interested members the session and the password. It would be quite interesting to get 4 or 5 hawks up at once trying to fly in formation.   I like to pop on there once or twice per week in the evenings and sometimes during the day when I need a work break.  The only problem is - is if the damm thing connects.

A problem I find weired  - is if I try to connect to a local club or sessions in the uk - I cant get on.  However I dont seem to have problems getting on to sessions in the States-France -Russia  etc  Hmm strange!

However I'm up for it!

Al

David suggested this a while ago on the Phoenix sim thread 
may be we should have a mail alias that you can subscribe to so that if any one wants to have a virtual fly in just schedule a time  and let all those interested come along.

Or we could get all a thread going called "Phoenix Virtual Flying" for those on Phoenix and then just post up times of when people want to come along and all meet up. You could have posted the same times ie "Monday 7-8pm Fred blogs fly in" and Fred sets up the venue and those interested join in just need to get the 1st few off the ground and it will soon be part of the regular line up. Combat will be fun and I am sure that the developers would love to have the feed back from our forum maybe even a sponsor ship deal of some sort where they host the sites etc. or they donate a few sims for prizes to our forum 10,000 potential customers carries a lot of weight me thinks
I am up for it so count me in.

Ok guys well it would be nice to have a modelflying.co.uk site .......Nasa Steve and I are having a fly under the BRC Hobbies site at 3pm this afternoon (Steve flies for BRC so I'm just tagging along) anyone who wants to join is welcome..... A formation of Hawks sounds good Alan

Going forward why not have a new thread here to set dates and times .....say 8-9pm on certain week day evenings. I couldn't do lunch hours as we have Macs at work

It would be good to fly on the virtual field together- but as David, Ralph and Myself have tried the only downside is -even though we have the passwords,  we just cant seem to connect to get onto the field.

when I cant connect with the others then I just open one   "Lincs Fly In"  but it seems nobody can get onto my session either.  Its a very good program/Sim - but I think Phoenix need to sort out their server Issues.  Even on lower Res and high speed broadband it just hardly ever connects.

Al