Universal Receiver ACCST firmware

Mike Blandford

No they don't have to be on the same protocol.

Does the problem happen with both transmitters? Call them A and B. If you bind A first, then B, A is the "other" Tx so should bind when in bind mode and you power on the Rx.

If you bind B first, then A, B is the "other" Tx so should bind when in bind mode and you power on the Rx.

Mike

When binding normally, how are you doing it? In particular, are you holding the bind button pressed until binding completes? If so, then the Rx will see the bind button activated after binding, and this invokes a feature that erases the bind of the "other" Tx. Normally you do this, if required, by pressing the bind button after binding completes.

To bind, I start the Rx in bind mode (power on with bind button pressed), and see the Rx has the red LED on, but blipping off every half a second (it is changing protocol when it blips). Then start the Tx binding.

Mike

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mike Blandford said:

When binding normally, how are you doing it? In particular, are you holding the bind button pressed until binding completes? If so, then the Rx will see the bind button activated after binding, and this invokes a feature that erases the bind of the "other" Tx. Normally you do this, if required, by pressing the bind button after binding completes.

To bind, I start the Rx in bind mode (power on with bind button pressed), and see the Rx has the red LED on, but blipping off every half a second (it is changing protocol when it blips). Then start the Tx binding.

Mike

Sorted! Thanks Mike.

• Like 1

That was exactly the problem. Holding the bind button down until the receiver had bound was what I was doing. Normally not a problem, until UNI comes along. Set the receiver to bind and release the button prior to setting the tx to bind. Bind to each tx like this and the rx swapped between txs very quickly with no problem. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Need some help please.

I have Installed my first Uni-Rx firmware on an RX8R and activated with the activation code and that seems to be successful.

The green LED is on solid, the VFR is found under the sensors and when switching power to the Rx on and off, the familiar 'telemetry lost, telemetry recovered' is uttered.

However, none of the servo outputs are working.

I did make and error when trying to enter the activation code in that I flashed the Rx with the firmware again, then I re-read the instructions again and and went to the 'Activate' setting and entered the code. Would that have caused issues?

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Mike'

Will there be any chance of 'UNI' for the XM+ ?

I have one but it is very prone to swamping which is a big problem when hand launching.

I also have an R-XSR which I would like to change to the 'UNI' firmware but I don't really understand how the 'code' system works. I understand somehow that an individual reference is produced, after flashing, which is sent to Aloft or T9 who gives out a code to enable the Rx.

I've gone through all the Aloft, RCGoups etc' posts but nothing explains the actual process. (that I can find.)

Aloft said they would do a short video but, unfortunately, that doesn't seem to have materialised.

No problem in the initial flashing process, just the follow-up.

Any chance of a 'blow by blow' beginners guide please ?

Best regards and thanks.

John.

Sorry the XM+ uses a different processor that doesn't have enough flash/RAM for UNI, and also needs a specific compiler.

Please look at this thread: https://forum.alofthobbies.com/index.php?threads/uni-receiver-firmware-release-files-universal-accst-d16.3270/, go to the second post and read

"Universal ACCST Guide.pdf". Let me know if you then need more information.

Mike
  • Thanks 1

Flashed my R-XSR with the 'UNI' firmware and bound it.

Ran the Lua script (UNI_Activate.lua) and got the code.

Just waiting for a reply from T9 now.

Strange thing was when flashing the R-XSR it showed a green LED which it was interspersed with the odd red flash every now and again. Previously when I have flashed other receivers I haven't noticed any red LED just a constant green.

I presume it must have worked as I got the 12 digit receiver code. 

On 17/11/2023 at 11:24, John Wagg said:

Flashed my R-XSR with the 'UNI' firmware and bound it.

Ran the Lua script (UNI_Activate.lua) and got the code.

Just waiting for a reply from T9 now.

Strange thing was when flashing the R-XSR it showed a green LED which it was interspersed with the odd red flash every now and again. Previously when I have flashed other receivers I haven't noticed any red LED just a constant green.

I presume it must have worked as I got the 12 digit receiver code. 

Received the activation code from T9, ran the Lua script, and now up and running.

Just need to do a range check now - when the weather plays ball. 🙄

Thank you very much Mike for the help. 

• 4 weeks later...

I've been adding FBUS support to UNI. I appear to have this working on all supported receivers. There was a problem with the X8R, and similar, receivers due to the transistor inverter on the SPort input being too slow for the high baudrate (460800) of FBUS resulting in the data not being read reliably by the UART. The problem was the transistor output was late when the output changed from low to high. I solved this by capturing the signal edges using a timer and DMA, then processing the data into normal serial bytes. Knowing the low to high change was late I adjusted this before doing the processing. This appears to work reliably.

FBUS is currently being tested, although there are not very many able to test it fully.

I've tested using a FLVSS-ADV, which works OK, but I have no way to test the control output. It has been checked by someone who has a device that logs the output, and the same device logs an official output so it seems correct.

Mike

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mike - Happy New Year! I have installed the UniRX firmware on all my GRX8 receivers and it is a great piece of work.

I have an odd issue/question.

The Grx8 altimeters have not been the most accurate devices for me so I am trying to use an Altis telemetry converter to send the actual Altis altimeter values via the telemetry. It connects via the SBUS In port.  

I am not seeing the results I expect - that is the telemetry matching the altis values.  I suspect that the telemetry converter was intended for receivers that do not already have altitude telemetry.  In the documentation for the converter it uses the same terminology for the sensor as the built-in sensor.  I suspect that there is some conflict there.

My question is - in the original grx8 firmware there was an option to turn off the altimeter telemetry by holding the bind button for a couple of seconds.  This is supposed to toggle the telemetry setting for altitude.  The blue light is supposed to flash when this occurs.  Does this capability still exist in the UNI firmware?  Maybe a lua settings?  I was hoping turning off the internal telemetry would allow the Altis sensor to be recognized and used.

Thanks for all your work on the firmware - pretty much everyone in Colorado is using it now.

That feature does not, currently exist in UNI.

Having had a quick look, it is easy to add. I already have code to detect a press of the button for 4 seconds or more, used by the R-XSR to toggle CPPM on/off.

I've just tested the change and it seems to work as required. I just need to make sure it only operates on G-xxx receivers.

It will therefore be in the next revision of UNI. This should be available very soon as I've been adding FBUS support, as an option, to all supported receivers. The testing of that has gone well so is about ready to release.

Mike