Forum access problems

Eric Robson

Tonight I am on the forum which is unusual as this morning I was banned.

This has happened a lot recently, I do not have to log on most times as I click on to latest posts and it goes straight there. I terminated my contract with Sky broadband on the 13th 0f June and since then have tethered to my phone for the internet, this has been fine till the last 2 weeks every thing else I use the internet for is ok just the forum keeps telling me I am banned.

When this happens there is no way of logging on the whole site is locked out, this tends to happen in the mornings, some times I get on the site then when opening a post I am told you are not allowed on this site and then I can't get back on.

Any one else had this problem?  I probably won't find out till later tomorrow.  

Could be Eric, some providers have some peculiar blockings setup, for example I've got Sky for my internet and I cannot get onto the Mick Reeves 'site. I go to my daughter's house and exactly the same (they have Sky). I go out and about and using may same mobile device ('phone or pad) I can connect to the site!

It's working fine today, Sky may have given up trying to get me back. 

I went through a switch company who got me a better deal at Shell, as I have my gas and electric through them it seemed a good plan.

Email and letter from Sky sorry you are leaving us. Welcome letter from Shell, switch over 9th June. 3 days later Email from Shell sorry you have decided to stay with your present provider. Angry phone call to Sky who blamed the middle man but offered a better deal which I refused. Re contacted Shell direct and got a better deal than through the switch co. 

Same again 3 days later Email to say sorry you have decided to stay with Sky, at which point I blew up at Sky and told them I was cancelling the direct debit.

Don't do that they said as you are out of contract you are due a refund and need to pay it back into your bank. Guess what they took another monthly payment.

After a lot of hassle I am due the refund in full on Monday.  The amount they owed me was £3. 30p I would have paid that to not have the grief.  

I've noticed recently this forum plays very badly with my version of Firefox (latest) it often hangs when I click on "load more activity", when I make a post and doesn't log me in automatically even though I have selected "Remember Me". Using the Brave browser, however, it works perfectly.

I prefer to use Firefox but it irks me that I regularly have these problems and only on this site.