Plane storage

andy watson

I now have 3 planes- my trainer, the DVII and a 71" slope soarer.  I am keen to start my next project, but am getting a bit cramped in my 10*10 office! 

I have a wooden garage in my garden, which is big and solid- though not exactly 100% weatherproof.  If it rains heavily there is some water that runs across the concrete floor, but apart from that it's fine.

Would storing planes in here (off the floor, obviously) on a long term basis cause any problems with either the airframe or the electronics.

I would have been ok, but I turned the integrated garage into a bedroom, and she won't put up with them in there

Advert

The wood gets damp from the damp air, can go mouldy/fungussy. The electronics probably ok PROVIDED you remove the batteries, which are best kept in the dry and warm. The Negative wires on a live battery system in the damp air tends to go black and is then useless.

Build yourself a large Cupboard in the shed and fit a small heater low down in it, even a 40W lamp can be enough

Why is it that model boats are given pride of place in the living room, and our lovely warbirds, etc languish in the damp shed? I hang my old taube (see the avatar) in the living room..It is a very high living room, and it's  fine bit of interior dec

ernie