Mode 2 tranny and ar 500 rx help

iawnski

hi ihave bought a spektrum tranny dx6i with mode 2 throttle left, i fly mode 4 ,i no they dont do mode 4 but i thought id have a go,my prob is i have a  AR500 RX and are trying to get the ailerons to work on the left stick with throttle,i can get it to work with  a y lead ,but would like to use the servos i have in each wing of my easy glder as spoilerons.any one have any suggestions on this ,at the moment im stucki no illl get some comments on why fly mode 4 and such but please be gentle with me

From what I've read about the AR500 it has a built in Y lead so the the aileron servos are just driven from the one Tx channel. You would have to plug the servo's into separate channels and then use the free mixers to do what you want, but I'm not sure how easy that would be to set up. Even on mode 2 flapperon/spoilers will only work if you have a 6 channel Rx. 

Mode 4 eh, the only Tx manufacturer that caters for that that I'm aware of is Multiplex, the Cockpit Sx comes with modes 1 thru 8 as standard, but only on 35 mhz you'll have to wait for the 2.4 version I'm afraid. But setting up spoilerons etc is very easy even in mode 4.

Frank Skilbeck wrote (see)

From what I've read about the AR500 it has a built in Y lead so the the aileron servos are just driven from the one Tx channel. You would have to plug the servo's into separate channels and then use the free mixers to do what you want, but I'm not sure how easy that would be to set up. Even on mode 2 flapperon/spoilers will only work if you have a 6 channel Rx. 

Mode 4 eh, the only Tx manufacturer that caters for that that I'm aware of is Multiplex, the Cockpit Sx comes with modes 1 thru 8 as standard, but only on 35 mhz you'll have to wait for the 2.4 version I'm afraid. But setting up spoilerons etc is very easy even in mode 4.

The "old" JR PCM9X sets had all 4 modes available in software switching.