Lidl Hot Glue Gun

IDD15

Lidl have a hot glue gun on offer at the moment at £7-99 with 3yr guarantee. I bought one to replace my £10 Hobbycraft gun which I have found a bit naff. It had been bought to replace my relatively expensive Bosch version that packed up during a build and I think needs a replacement nozzle at £20!

After a spot of testing the Lidl gun is looking very promising. The gun can be used corded for continuous use, or cordless for a comfortable 4-5 minutes of gluing. The nozzle is quite long making it easier to use on FT designs. Importantly it does not appear to drip when in the stand so your not pumping the trigger to fill the chamber between gluing steps and wasting adhesive. 

It also comes with a stand, carrying case, 3 glue sticks and the power cord is a useful 2m long. All in all I think it is good value, here’s hoping it doesn’t pack up on me!

cheers

idd

• 3 weeks later...
Advert

11 minutes ago, Don Fry said:

I’ve got a Lidl Glue gun, not the duel version, mains only, but with a generous lead, and a folding stand on the nose.  Excellent gun, have had it for a several years.

Didn't know you could get duelling glue guns. Walk 10 paces, turn and stick 'em up! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Keith Billinge said:

I too had the Bosch nozzle fail and I managed to get one a bit cheaper HERE It took a couple of weeks to arrive but it's identical to the BOSCH unit.

KB

Excellent, just ordered one from Amazon.

Thanks for your help.

idd

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well the new nozzle has arrived and all is good in the world of Bosch glue guns with it working a treat. So my thanks again to Keith for the heads up on the one from Amazon. Might try dismantling the old nozzle to try and work out what went wrong with a view to preventing it happening again.

Cheers 

idd