A Depron Seagull

Not wishing to extend the nose any further I took the only other option to move the CofG forward. Print another 'beak' and fill it with lead shot.

10gBeak.JPG.9da0f61300f128916042ea4d2aa8d109.JPG

I decided 10g lead shot would be sufficient so only the beak itself is filled. Filling the complete printed nose with shot would actually add 24g.

There is a "story" to the lead shot.

I knew my late dad had some and I inherited his collection of tins. As a young man he smoked Gold Flake cigarettes which came in tins of 200.

LeadShotTin.JPG.6c44c327f786233e2918e26d50604a8e.JPG

There are over 30 of them all together but inside this one.

LeadShot.JPG.64c87a90e264025ec779800530638e35.JPG

90 year old lead shot!     

• Like 1

Sorry no video but the extra 10g in the beak has done exactly what I hoped it would. Needed a good few clicks of up elevator trim, which actually brought it level with the tail plane, and as a result the pitch stability is greatly improved to point it is almost easy to fly.

A good 3 minutes including climbing to altitude and a nice easy glide landing.

The only remaining issue is its 'park fly' Rx. It really has rather limited range or rather variable range depending on the orientation of its single aerial to the Tx!😲

At the moment everything, battery, ESC and Rx, is crammed right up front for CoG reasons so short of a major redesign it will have to be a case of keep close, keep high. 😉