AR410 receiver in IC plane

Brian Dorricott 1

Hi all , I have used the AR410 in electric models before with a good record but never in an IC plane - any issues ?  Having to replace because the venerable Orange RX with satellite needs re- binding every time I fly it 4 times on the trot now . I always wrap the RX in foam anyway but wondered has anyone any issues ? . It's in an elderly Boomerang with a Saito 62 but it is one of my all time favourite airplane combination , so easy to fly even forgives dumb thumbs and clumsy moments. 

I'm not totally sure about using an AR410 in a IC plane.

I use the AR630 with a 9747 satellite receiver in my 1/5 scale piper Cub with a Saito 72.

Before adding the satellite the frame losses were over 30 each flight, but with the satellite I'm down to 2-3!

The internal antennas are more likely to be blocked.

Yes, I would, without hesitation. 

I'm currently using the previous gen rx in an IC with no issues. Both electric and IC have large lumps of stuff that reduces reception so I've never really seen the difference. 

Edited by Nigel R

7 hours ago, Graff said:

I use the AR630 with a 9747 satellite receiver in my 1/5 scale piper Cub with a Saito 72.

Before adding the satellite the frame losses were over 30 each flight, but with the satellite I'm down to 2-3!

Why should the power unit make any difference as to which receiver to use? Does the receiver know any difference?

9 hours ago, Graff said:

...what's wrong with 30 frame losses? IIRC Spektrum say frame losses in the hundreds (>500) is where a point of concern should be investigated. 

Internal or external antennas makes no difference...its where you put them counts!

Chris, more than 500 refers to Ariel fades. But I agree, iro 30 frame losses would not be noticed and not worth worrying about.

Graff, the one to worry about, holds should not happen. 
Before we had telemetry, we got on with good installation, and it worked. Telemetry is great to confirm good installation, but it’s a bitch if it starts to cause worry, and actually distract.