Looking for the following engine parts ?

Engine Doctor

I'm looking for the following parts if anyone can help.

Cylinder head for an OS 91 FS Surpass 11 

Cylinder head and carb or carb body for an OS 72 FS Alpha 11.

If any one has any of these parts and is willing sell please PM me .

Will by a Bashed , Crashed , Broken  or clapped engine if these parts are ok .

Thanks in anticipation 

Edited by Engine Doctor

Advert

Hi John it's had the whole NV wiped off the side with much of the alloy casing that it screws into is missing.

I have in the past tried using low temp alloy repair to build up the missing parts on similar items but then found that the alloy casing sort of blisters . Not good for a carb that needs a smooth action. Even machining it afterwards can reveal voids and gas pockets so only going to be a very last option. The low temp alloy rods are great for better quality alloy but its use on the  pressure die cast stuff used on modern engines is hit and miss.

It appears that not many OS spares are held in stock and the lead time from Japan,  if parts the  are available and don't cost the National Dept , is months long .

I have LMS trying to find out availability from distributor but even that is slow. 

OS spares do seem to be like rocking horse poop. I couldnt find a body and needle for the OS52 anywhere so resorted to modifying what i have got. 

All i did was file a flat on the broken casting, drill/tap it for the laser needle, and then drilled/tapped an M6 nut for use as a fuel banjo and threw it all together with locktite. Its as ugly as a box of frogs but the engine runs fine

On 09/11/2022 at 11:32, jrman said:

Thanks for the info  Been on site and registered and they have the parts at VERY good prices .

Thanks again 

E.D.