Painting Diacov.

5 hours ago, Frank Skilbeck said:

We've used it on several models, I've used a variety of paints, it seems to take them all OK. 

What paint are looking at, if I have some I'll paint up a scrap piece and photo it for you.

Biggest "problem" with Diacov is that it's very tough so you need a sharp knife/scissors or you'll get some fraying.

Frank, I would prefer water based, I will use what ever is required to achieve a acceptable  finish. Bas

Frank, I forgot to say that I would prefer a satin to matt finish. I have used Chroma enamels but there is only a limited number of colours available with that level of gloss.I must say that the laminate  film that I have used went on very well, as I am a novice builder, better than normal iron on covering. But they lack the woven look, that lends itself to older based models.

Bas

Edited by Basil

16 hours ago, john stones 1 - Moderator said:

Hello, Been thru' the posts , seems the only references to painting is for the laminating film, I have used this in the past, I like it. It does need painting.I am not sure how related the base material is!!.I cant understand the lack of comment on painting the Diacov, as so many references to its use, everybody say it needs painting but no references to what types of paint , other than'Chroma'. Perhaps this will prompt some comments. There are references to the use of PU in the Sarik add'. I am rather hoping that there is a water based paint that is suitable,and is satin/matt.

Bas

18 minutes ago, Basil said:

Hello, Been thru' the posts , seems the only references to painting is for the laminating film, I have used this in the past, I like it. It does need painting.I am not sure how related the base material is!!.I cant understand the lack of comment on painting the Diacov, as so many references to its use, everybody say it needs painting but no references to what types of paint , other than'Chroma'. Perhaps this will prompt some comments. There are references to the use of PU in the Sarik add'. I am rather hoping that there is a water based paint that is suitable,and is satin/matt.

Bas

I would try for myself Basil on a piece of scrap wood.