3D scanning

leccyflyer

I tried some years ago with a Kinect game controller, but couldn;t get it to work. You don't actually need a scanner nowadays, the software is available that can create a 3D image of your head from a series of mobile phone pictures taken from different angles.  It's the same technology that is used by Agisoft to create 3D virtual models from thousands of still images shot with a drone. In fact you might even be able to use Agisoft Professional to do it.

This iPhone app seems to produce acceptable results with Meshmixer to edit the files and make them 3D printable. I can't imagine why you'd want to print your head even bigger than life size. 😄

50 minutes ago, leccyflyer said:

I tried some years ago with a Kinect game controller, but couldn;t get it to work. You don't actually need a scanner nowadays, the software is available that can create a 3D image of your head from a series of mobile phone pictures taken from different angles.  It's the same technology that is used by Agisoft to create 3D virtual models from thousands of still images shot with a drone. In fact you might even be able to use Agisoft Professional to do it.

This iPhone app seems to produce acceptable results with Meshmixer to edit the files and make them 3D printable. I can't imagine why you'd want to print your head even bigger than life size. 😄

I sent my photos off to a company to do mine, a real letdown although they did give me blue eyes,,,😇so I molded one scraped and whittled it down and remolded a couple this is my last one painted.

20230307_140721-2048.jpg

• Like 3