Looking at Simulators

Simon Roberts

Advert

Hi Simon

I have the phoenix flight sim and found it a major aid to me learning to fly i have been solo for nearly 2 years and still use it all the time to try new things and improve my flying.

I would recommend it to anyone what ever their skill level phoenix have a dedicated web site http://www.phoenix-sim.com/news.htm for all the latest updates.

dont question it, do it, after all its christmas

I agree with all of the above. I have both the Pheonix and Reflex Sims. However I would say that the Pheonix is a lot better value for money as it is a lot cheaper than the Reflex XTR. Plus you also have the flying on line option to fly with other people.  My version of the Reflex hasn't. However Reflex now have a new version - but I'm not sure if it has a online facility available now.

I would personally go for the Phoenix Simon. I also personally think that a high quality Sim is invaluable tool for learning to fly - especially helicopters. The cost of the sim alone can be alot cheaper than crashing your pride and joy!

One other point. Make sure you computer has at least 64 meg shared graphics memory MINIMUM.  If your computer has a dedicated graphics card then even better.  The higher your graphics/video card the better the screen graphics/frame rate it will run.

Last point - Most of these Sims have a Demo you can download from there websites.  So you can have a look at the quality before you buy!

Al

Alan B wrote (see)

I agree with all of the above. I have both the Pheonix and Reflex Sims. However I would say that the Pheonix is a lot better value for money as it is a lot cheaper than the Reflex XTR. Plus you also have the flying on line option to fly with other people.  My version of the Reflex hasn't. However Reflex now have a new version - but I'm not sure if it has a online facility available now.

I would personally go for the Phoenix Simon. I also personally think that a high quality Sim is invaluable tool for learning to fly - especially helicopters. The cost of the sim alone can be alot cheaper than crashing your pride and joy!

One other point. Make sure you computer has at least 64 meg shared graphics memory MINIMUM.  If your computer has a dedicated graphics card then even better.  The higher your graphics/video card the better the screen graphics/frame rate it will run.

Last point - Most of these Sims have a Demo you can download from there websites.  So you can have a look at the quality before you buy!

Al

Ok im going to go ahead and purchase Phoenix this weekend

Im ok pc wise, i have a quad core system running a Nvidia graphics card with its own 630Mb of RAM, and 4 Gig of RAM on the pc so ok to run no problems.

Thanks for the advice chaps.

No problems with that Simon.  I wish I had 630Mb of dedicated graphics ram.  enjoy your Sim.  Come flying with us online when you get it.  To make it works properly online you will have to assign the port forwarding on your router for the Pheonix program.  Details are on their website

Al