AR630.V AR637

Rocker

Just brought 3 Sketrum receivers

2 AR630 and 1 AR637.

Both AR630 receivers show multiple fades (normally between 100 and 200 fades on on 5 minute flight )

The AR637 on a 5 minute flight I only get about 10 fades per flight

Even swap one AR630 over and put the AR637 in the same model in the same place in the model and again got 150 fades from the AR630 but only 20 fades from the AR637 .?????

Advert

1 hour ago, Rocker said:

2 AR630 and 1 AR637.

Both AR630 receivers show multiple fades (normally between 100 and 200 fades on on 5 minute flight )

Even swap one AR630 over and put the AR637 in the same model in the same place in the model and again got 150 fades from the AR630 but only 20 fades from the AR637 .?????

I'm pretty sure 100 to 200 fades on a 5-minute  flight is absolutely nothing to worry about.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rocker said:

2 AR630 and 1 AR637.

Didn't you ask exactly the same question that was answered a couple of weeks ago?

Fades not so much a problem at all. One antenna has lost infomation, only one antenna. So the other antenna has made up for it.

The other telemetry figures;

Frame loss more a problem. Both antennas lost information at the same time.

Holds are a definite problem. Many sequential frame losses = control loss = failsafe.

From spektrums website:

Antenna fades – represent the loss of a bit of information on that specific antenna. Typically it’s normal to have as many as 50 – 100 antenna fades on any one of the antennas during a flight. If any single antenna experiences over 500 fades in a single flight, the antenna should be repositioned in the aircraft to optimize the RF link.

Frame Loss – represents simultaneous antenna fades on all attached receivers. If the RF link is performing optimally, frame losses per flight should be less than 20.

Hold – a hold occurs when 45 contiguous (one right after the other) frame losses occur. This takes about one second. If a hold occurs during flight, it’s important to re-evaluate the system, moving the antennas to different locations and/or checking to be sure the transmitter and receivers are working correctly.

• Like 1

There are either 45 or 90 packets per second on Spektrum DSMX. Each packet contains all the position info for all your channels.

200 fades in one 5 minute flight means just one of your antenna lost (200 / (45 * 60 * 5)) = 1.5% of the packets.

I note, the 630 has internal antennae. I would guess this means both antenna will experience any shielding (and subsequent fades or packet losses) at the same time. Contrast to the 637 with external long tail antenna, which will be more likely to experience shielding at different times. This alone may account for the difference in telemetry. 

• Like 3