Clerance of R/C Gear and Helicopters

Eric Hartley

Due to health reasons I am clearing all R/C gear and models - Futaba 14 SG Tx, SAB 700, Sab 570, Synergy 700, Trex 500 and others all ready to fly. Ammo box containg numerous Lipos. Rev Lectrix Cellpro Powerlab 6 1000W Battery charger and power supply. Numerous other items - All free to collect
from South Cumbria NW UK.

• Like 1

Hi Eric,

I am sorry to hear about your health, would it be possible for someone to post the Futaba 14 SG Tx as I live in Oxfordshire.

I am happy to pay for postage and any inconvenience.

Kind Regards.

Roger Maskell

Edited by David Ashby - Moderator
Mobile phone no. removed. Please use messaging.

30 minutes ago, Eric Hartley said:

No - I am looking  to dispose of the whole collection - sadly although worth several thousand pounds no one seems interested and it looks as if I will have to resort to the local tip.

Eric, I've sent you a PM

Phil

I mentioned elsewhere that I was disposing of a recently deceased friend's modelling gear. One or two really good and usable items I've moved quite quickly, but to be honest at a crazy fraction of their true value IMHO - better than the dump though. Run of the mill glow engines in good condition, even OS, appear worthless unless NIB. I suppose the market for them is literally dying off, and newcomers prefer the simplicity and cleanliness of electric for their trainers. I'm not at all surprised at Eric perhaps having to resort to the local tip if he's looking for a quick solution to his need to clear everything - even what appears to be some good and originally expensive kit.

So different from thirty years ago when club auctions prospered, and all sorts of junk would be shifted at some surprisingly good prices. My own club used to run a huge one in Essex, the hall would be packed with punters and cars parked for hundreds of yards down the country roads when the hall carpark was full.

Such a shame, and it makes you take a long hard look at your own hoard of stuff and wonder at its eventual fate.

Edited by Cuban8

It looks like Eric’s immediate issues are sorted, but before despondency sets in, the BMFA auctions achieved some quite good prices and some very good prices for certain vintage lots.   Only the swap meet rejects really struggled and there were very few unsold lots in either sale.   Commission rates are very low too, by industry standards.   Two more planned in principle, October and Jan from memory.

Obviously, nothing to do with the auctioneer!

BTC