Battery connection adaptors - work of the devil.

I used to use 4mm connectors as then that was all that appeared to be available but found some inconsistency in the fit when mixing them, then came Deans which were in my opinion just awful. Now I only use XT60s but it is worth noting that often it is the plastic that is making the tight connection not the connectors themselves. In some cases the split pins after a lot of use have compressed and don't make a really good contact but they are easily uncompressed with a nail or similar. It is worth visually checking the split pins in the XT60 plug on the ESC before plugging it into the LiPO. 

• Like 2

That point about the plastic housing giving the false impression that you are getting a good solid connection does seem to be an issue, at least for the EC5s. Personally I'm much happier now having replaced those, but those 6mm gold bullets do seem awfy short!

On 30/06/2023 at 14:41, Dickw said:

I am not sure where you get 3" for the length of a 4mm bullet connection, as mine seem much shorter.

My 6mm bullets are indeed shorter than the 4mm ones, and I have used them a lot in higher current applications.

Photo attached of 4mm and 6mm bullets both separated and together, plus a ruler confirming sizes/

Dick

Thanks for the pics of the 6mm bullets - look worth investigating.

Re the 3" - OK - I guessed, but I wasn't far off:

IMG_20230703_153155.jpg

10 hours ago, leccyflyer said:

.................., but those 6mm gold bullets do seem awfy short!

They might be short, but they do work OK.

SM Modelbau in Germany fit them to their 400amp current sensor, and I regularly see peak currents of approaching 200 amps on mine. many years ago when F5B was limited to 6s Lipo and I was using only 5s I did see current peaks of approaching 400A. (and even slightly over when I had an ESC fire 😀)

Dick

400A UniLog current sensor - SM-Modellbau.jpg

20080727 fire.jpg

• Like 1