Futaba 9c flaps

In the aux-ch menu you can assign the channel to whatever switch you want. Personally i would use the slider on the side so you can feed the flaps in incrementally as you need. As flaps are not needed for takeoff this is a better setup and allows smooth deployment. You may also need to set up an elevator flap mix to trim the aircraft to fly with flap down. In the case of a WWII fighter you will need to mix in up with flap/gear deployment as the added drag and low speed tends to make warbirds drop their noses. This will vary model to model though. 

I have an FF9 myself and still use it for about half my fleet. Good radio and it has given me many years of service. 

Well.........i did manage to get 3 position flaps using a 3 position switch, but i could only fine tune on flaps up & flaps all the way down. I know it can be done, 'cos i've done it once & it took me about 3 hours to figure it out, but i can't seem to duplicate the settings this time around. In the end, i settled for Jon-laser's method & even that took a little fiddling. Hey ho, thanks for your replies chaps.

Rob.

15 hours ago, GrumpyGnome said:

Have you tried using a custom curve? (Assuming you can create one....)

No Grumps, not tried that. As far as it goes, Jon-Laser's way seems to be the best. It took a little figuring out as the sliders are not labelled like all the other switches. It was just a matter of selecting the correct switch/slider to channel 6 in my case. Got there in the end.

Rob.