'RIOT' Fittings/Components Advisory

Many sports flyers enjoy the Max Thrust 'Riot' in its various formats i.e. Foam or Balsa/Ply airframes.

I recently acquired a second-hand but totally un-flown foam 'Riot' V2 version.

I am in the fortunate position of having a generous quantity of quality model part spares such as motors, wheels, servo, clevis and control horns gained after many years modelling.

Just as well, as the attached photo show the state and poor quality of control horn as supplied with the 'Riot' and received out-of-the-box.

This is therefore an advisory to 'Riot' owners out there, check the condition of your fittings, they might just be about to fail like the one pictured did.

I also had one of the cheap plastic clevis literally crumble too.

Thankfully none of these occurred while the plane was in the air and were caught beforehand.

My 'Riot' is now like 'Triggers Broom'!

Replaced: Motor, Prop, Spinner, U/C, Wheels & Axles, All Servo, Control Linkages, Ball-Head Clevis, Control Push-Rods & Runs.

P1070096.JPG

P1070097.JPG

• Sad 1

Cheap plastic fittings get brittle very quickly. I learned the lesson. Launched a far bigger airframe up the runway, and it refused to lift. No elevator. 
The plastisisor evaporates out. Costs money to bond it in to a heavy molecule that stays put. 

The Riots shortcomings have been known for a while..... mine has new axles and wheels, new clevices (horns seem ok), new axles, new wheels, new prop, spinner in bin, nose weight removed, plastic battery tray cut out, one new servo, maximum throws.

Lots of comments out there on all these things.