Frsky rx and Radiomaster TX16

Zflyer

Here we go:

I have a Radiomaster TX16s and both RM 86 (V2) FRsky RX8R (ACCST)receivers, the former will bind but wont go into failsafe. I have been unable to bind the RX8R, marked up as EU/LBT and I have tried this protocol, in fact I have tried all the Frsky protocols and none work.

I have bound some Spektrum and also a Frsky S6R. I bought the TX because I had a mainboard failure on my Spektrum, and it was a good price. I think the money I have spent on receivers would have brought me up to a price to replace the Spektrum.

Unless anyone can help they are going back or in the bin!!!!!

Advert

The multiprotocol module (MPM), as used in the TX16S, is known to use crystals that have a poor frequency tolerance. As a result binding to a good quality receiver, with a good frequency tolerance crystal, doesn't always work as the Tx is too far off frequency.

In the protocol menu is a "tuning" option to adjust the Tx MPM frequency for some protocols (FrSky is one of them). Try changing this to -40 or +40 and then binding to the RX8R (I have MPMs that need this much tuning, some +40 some -40). Once you get the Rx bound, you then need to find the "best" value for the tuning. Have a search for tuning the MPM to find how to do this.

Mike

The RM86 failsafe has to be carried within 10 seconds with the receiver being switched on.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0609/8324/7079/files/R86_V2_User_Manual_2873890c-85d0-4979-8e92-9c72986924eb.pdf?v=1678782295

Sorry can't help with the RX8R. Have you tried it with another Tx ? Might be a duff receiver. (has been known)  EU/LBT comes in 2 versions, V1 or V2.

An option is to see if you can flash a known firmware to the receiver to make sure it matches.

It can be done with the TX16S and there are a few Youtube videos showing how.

(NB Make sure the 'special' wire is connected correctly and that the flashing uses the 'external module'.)

Similar:- 

Edit - Try binding with the TX16S a few feet away from the receiver as it might swamping the Rx ??

Again a few Youtube videos on binding Frsky receivers against the TX16S.

Edited by John Wagg

Have tried it all, including differing protocols, nothing works. I wouldnt mind but have problem with R86's as well. Cannot get these into failsafe. I sent the TX back sometime ago wondering if it was faulty but it is not. The S6R bound straightaway and some of my spektrum rx's done the same. Its so damn annoying. I was thinking of flashing the RX8R EU/LBT to D16 to see if that would help.

What I need is someone local with same TX to have a go. I might even consider posting, or if not to far away rocking up with them!!

Edited by Zflyer