Model Flyer Killed in Spain

EvilC57

Just now, Geoff S said:

That's why I'd always wear glasses, even if not needed normally, when flying indoors.  The models are very light and would be harmless if hitting you where clothing protects but a rotating prop has the potential to do a lot of damage to an eye.  I got hit on the back of my head by a free-flight model at the notorious (and very enjoyable) so-called 'chuck and duck' evenings at the Nats a few years back.  I was wearing a cap and barely felt it 🙂

I very occasionally fly from a field path but 300 metres from home but I fly well over the field where it's empty of even the few walkers whilst I'm there.

At last a post that reflects common sense! 

Advert

1 hour ago, paul devereux said:

I think part of it is RC flyers like to think they are a special intrepid breed of dare devils, and would like to see toy RC planes (which is what the sub-250gm planes are) banned completely from sale to the public and only sold to "proper" RC pilots.

I think our problem is your happy flying in your park with your "toy" and if you hit someone you wont care because its light and wont "hurt" anyone. Whereas most of us have or know of flying sites being lost through noise or people complaining about models flying over/close to them.

I have some under 250gm helicopters(toys if thats what you want to call them) that I wouldnt dream of flying anywhere near people. Perhaps you should start up a under 250gm flying toys forum.

Edited by Learner
Edit
  • Haha 1