Overlander Batteries.

I bought three new 2200 3cell Overlander batteries from a company called "Appliance Electronics UK Ltd" .  My charger would not attempt to charge one of these batteries, so I checked the individual cell voltages and cell number one  was completely dead. 0.4v.  Tried to contact the company but no response until I contacted them through PayPal. They now want the lipo number printed on the side of the case.

Does anyone know the significance of the numbers please, as I am beginning to think these batteries may be old stock?  Number on dead battery is PL19*0022. Other two are PL19*0261 and  PL19*0231.   Does the 19 signify year of manufacture?

Thanks, Mike.

Advert

Mine are from 2019, bought as two batches of two from Century UK.

The numbers on mine are

FBC8244*0684

FBC8244*0688

FBC8164*0320

FBC8164*0345

If I were to guess I'd say the number before the '*' identifies a production run and the number after the '*' is an incrementing sequence number

Just give them the info they ask and if they give you any trouble raise it with Overlander.

Cheers,

Nigel

Edited by Nigel Heather

2 hours ago, Nigel Heather said:

Mine are from 2019, bought as two batches of two from Century UK.

The numbers on mine are

FBC8244*0684

FBC8244*0688

FBC8164*0320

FBC8164*0345

If I were to guess I'd say the number before the '*' identifies a production run and the number after the '*' is an incrementing sequence number

Just give them the info they ask and if they give you any trouble raise it with Overlander.

Cheers,

Nigel

Thanks, Nigel. If there is any problem I think PayPal will sort it because I use them a lot. If not, I will go to Overlander. Shame because these are the first Overlander Lipos I have bought. Usually buy Turnigy and have never had an issue. Just bad luck, I guess. Mike.

43 minutes ago, Michael Barclay said:

Thanks, Nigel. If there is any problem I think PayPal will sort it because I use them a lot. If not, I will go to Overlander. Shame because these are the first Overlander Lipos I have bought. Usually buy Turnigy and have never had an issue. Just bad luck, I guess. Mike.

My Overlanders have performed and lasted well - over 4 years old now and no sign of puffing at all.  But I've also heard of others that wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

Although I have no problems with overlander I didn't use them for my last purchase of 4S batteries because I found them about £10 dearer each than the equivalent competition.

I inherited  about a dozen Overlanders from a Clubmate who gave up due to health issues in 2019. The 2200's have numbers starting FBC7..... & probably dated from about 2017.

I bought another direct from Overlander last month whose number is PL22*0057 which gives credence to Mike's conjecture about the year of manufacture.

The issue that you have is with your original supplier not Overlander, so concentrate on dealing wth Appliance Electronics Ltd.  Presumably, you've only just received them via mail order and have not used them other to try to charge them?

In which case you are within your rights to reject the faulty item(s)  return and get a replacement or refund - return postage at sellers cost. Alternatively, return the whole order at your expense for a 'change of mind' refund. This might not be altogether straighforward as you could run into an issue when the supplier sees that one of the batteries is faulty.

I've seen the AE website, they look to be a well established firm selling all sorts of household goods with a hobby section as a sideline. Looking at their contact details, they have a big retail highstreet shop in Bloxwich, so we're not talking about someone working out of their garden shed! - they have a phone number so give them a ring and get some friendly dialogue going and give them the opportunity to sort the problem for you.

Emails tend to go missing and lost in the flood of junk that we all get sent these days. Firms do understand their responsibilites under UK trading regulations and really can't be bothered to be deliberately obstructive when it comes to customer service.........wasn't the case with a local model shop that I used to use ages ago, but that's another story.....

I'd be very surprised if you don't get the problem resolved to your satisfaction.

Edited by Cuban8

On 21/07/2023 at 23:16, KenC said:

Can I ask what brand you last bought if not Overlander Nigel , I am considering Radient SuperpaX 

GNB. - but if you are looking at the ubiquitous 3S 2200 then the savings aren’t say significant.

It’s when you go to more cells or bigger capacities that I found Overlander comparatively more expensive.