Archer Plus SR8 Rx on OpenTx

Tim Kearsley

So.... I have a Horus X10S Express, running OpenTx 2.3.14.  I thought I'd give one of the FrSky stabilised Rxs a go, so ordered an Archer Plus SR8.  Registered and bound no problem.  Downloaded the LUA scripts for OTX and located in the /SCRIPTS folder on the radio.  Now the problems start.  The calibration script doesn't work!  On execution is says to put the Rx in the position indicated but shows a blank screen.  Pressing ENTER achieves nothing (nothing visible anyway) and you seem stuck in a loop.

Is the Archer Plus SR8 only usable with ETHOS?

Tim, I presume you mean an S8R, not the SR8 (which is non Archer). Both will run on your system. The problem is the wrong LUA script. I had the same problem quite some time ago, but for the life of me now I cannot remember where I got the correct LUA script from.

OK, I think I've sorted this now.  I used the OpenTx version of the LUA script referred to in the link posted by EarlyBird.  I loaded the script into a text editor and I could see straight away that the script refers to image files in a location that, on my Horus X10S at least, didn't exist.  Specifically, the script was looking for a bunch of .png files in a folder called RB_img.  One I created that folder and moved the images across (they were on the radio but in a different location) the script executed and displayed the images, allowing you to proceed.  Calibration done!

• Like 3

• 7 months later...

Download the latest Archer Plus SR8 Lua scripts from frsky-rc.com  When the zip is unpacked it creates a folder named AP_SRx_Lua_v2.04 which should be copied to the SDcard.  Within this folder are sub folders img and bmp.    The former are for Horus and the latter are for Taranis X9.   The scripts now reference their own sub folders and hence extract the correct icons.  I nite that using the LUA and The LUAC versions of the calibration scripts that no g values are shown.  I assume the script can see the values returned and that they are or are not in spec.  I note that for the Archer Plus SR6 mini the download is a similar v2.04 package for it.