Hidden classics spotted in ads

GaryW

In an earlier Thread a fellow RCM&E member was looking for an ID on a 70's trainer which  he is trying to track one down for sale for which I spotted one in an ad on Facebook Marketplace , being an old Waterhouse & Eley Superfly which then led the idea from another fellow RCM&E member Robbie on a new Thread Topic , Hence the title of this thread... " Hidden classics spotted in ads )

So how many of you have spotted classic models in ads or posts out there and feel free to shows us your photos

Heres The one I spotted of the Waterhouse & Eley Superfly

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1032019264583250?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A47b87718-49c4-4ff3-8330-6a6131d2f46e

399244298_7489780657703135_6391741134775584890_n.jpg

• Like 1

A few years ago I was browsing ebay for engines when in 'Toys and Collectibles' I discovered a 'MOD' engine.

A quick look revealed that it was an Oliver Tiger MkIII and apart from the serial number the only other writing stamped into the lugs was 'MOD' so that's how the seller described it.

A factory modified Oliver Tiger MkIII in great condition for $25US was just too hard to resist.

* Chris *

2 hours ago, Masher said:

Got to 😃 just found this Yamamoto. Unfortunately Gary is certain I am looking for a Superfly and anyway this has balsa fuselage: 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/305286028440?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=ar-Hrsh4Qaa&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=eKZIRBm1RH6&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=EMAIL

I remember those... the old MFA Yamamoto

I own a Laser 75. It was bought new by a fellow club member, a Forman toolmaker at Dowty undercarriages. Knew his machinnery. 
Sold on to a bit of a numpty. Who sold it to me a decade or so later, non runner. Parts only.

I reckoned worth a punt. I reasoned, assuming he hadn’t broke it, and I was fairly sure he had not flown it.

Timing had been altered. Simple’s. Still going nicely in a DVII. £20.