What make is this please?

Cliff Bastow

Cliff, can you give us some clues please?  The wingspan, construction, power (IC/Electric/Brushed/Brushless)  plus some shots of the internals and undercarriage will all help the sleuths on here.

This VMAR one looks a possibility.  If you go to the link and  click on the arrow to the right of the righthand picture, you can see more shots of the model in the military colour scheme.  I suspect the EADS colour scheme was chosen as it is German and military but without the fin swastika that wartime colour schemes would have had.

VMAR Junkers Ju-52 "Iron Annie"

Edited by Robin Colbourne

The CG on mine is as per the manual, but that's out in the workshop, so I'll check tomorrow. The engine thrust lines do indeed look a bit alarming, but that is how they are made and the model handles beautifully. The blue anodised clevises and ply offset hinges are exactly as on my flaps, but as you said it looks as though someone has rehinged the ailerons, so that they are not cranked below the wing. I can scan the manual if you like.

18 minutes ago, Andy Stephenson said:

Are the outward thrust lines to counteract the loss of power from the engine on the other side? It looks like it might have some effect.

Andy, the loss of thrust and the drag from an engine which is now acting solely as an airbrake.  It is one of the reasons that aircraft need such large fins and rudders, as the rudder must create enough yaw into towards the good engine to maintain straight and level flight.  In turn, holding on that rudder creates drag, which requires more thrust and more rudder.  At least the Junkers Ju-52 could go to max power on the centreline engine and just enough to maintain height on the remaining one.
The Gloster Meteor, and to a lesser extent the English Electric Canberra, were notorious for requiring so much rudder when flying on one engine that many pilots simply didn't have sufficient strength to hold the aircraft straight.  

As requested the CG as per the manual is from 90mm to 95mm back from the leading edge measured at the leading edge of the wing at the wing root. Control throws are as shown on the image below. If you like I can include the whole 16 page manual, but it will need to be put into a PDF really. Just let me know.

57385034_Image(109).thumb.jpg.02d04bded406c06799d9d3afcc95b4be.jpg