Fan Dancer plans

9 hours ago, Paul Jones 15 said:

Hello,

I am new to this forum and I am looking for a set of plans for a Peter Miller Fan Dancer Fun Fly model from about 1991. I have built 3 but sadly none of them are still around. I am looking to build one with my 8 year old son over the winter. I have a spare OS35.

Thanks Paul

I will see if I still have the magazine plans and if I have I will get them done as PDFs.  Not sure which issue of Radio Modeller they were in.  My own list says November 1991 but the issue in Ebay does not mention them

Can he down load that at full size?

I do not have enough electrical experience to comment really but the battery could be mounted on one side of the flat fuselage with the ESC on the other side.  I did that with my enlarged Aerobic.  Not sure what size of motor but George at 4-Max would give the right answer answer

I would cut a hole in the fuselage to take the battery (it would balance better).

Looking at it I think it would be a nice cheap model to build for club competition.

Not huge amounts of balsa and with some cheap chinese covering.

Maybe tweak the plan to a more modern format for printing, but not much more.

Th enlarged Aerobic with electric power worked perfectly with the battery set up as described.

It would make life easier and building quicker to have extra copies printed of the wing plan. but as Paul has already built 3 he knows exactly what he is doing with the model and he is going i.c which is great with them

Hi Tom

Yes, they were designed to be ultra light and incredibly aerobatic.  You NEVER flew on anything like full power except in the manoeuvres.  For example, Take off, roll, loop, roll,loop, roll, loop and land and if you took more than about 20 seconds you were not in the points!!!!!

I bought three kits of less than top models.  A club member flew mine and failed to throttle back....the tail just blew up.  He bought one of my kits and did exactly the same thing....He has never lived that down.

I was sent a kit for review.  My party piece was to roll that as soon as there was room for the wing to clear the ground.