Inverted OS 26 FS - not quite given up but pretty close

extra slim

I notice that your fuel tank is half empty. Or half full.....

Did you try this with a full tank of fuel, which would put the fuel height above the carb by a small amount?

If not it's worth checking before putting everything back into the model.

Brian.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all. I think I am there. It seems lower nitro and a new ring (changed this week), has given me a tick over of about 7.5/10, which is adequately doable. The ring will probably bed in and improve further, plus in the air will no doubt alter things a little. Thanks all.

• Like 1

she's just over 3K Jon, and then after about 10 seconds, settles around 3K, and then will eventually still pool up if I dropped the trim a notch and left it any lower..  on a twin needle, it would indicate the "hanging on" is a symptom of being too lean on the bottom end, but since this is an airbleed, it doesnt apply. so not perfect, but not too bad.. onwards and upwards.  I did get chance to try tanks of 20% and 10% nitro and it was noticeably much better on the 10%, despite not much movement on the main needle, would probably be better again on 5%, but no one has any in the club (I might get some next time I order), so good shout Jon. You learn something new everyday. Thanks again.

If you didnt move the needle much between 20% and 10 its likely still pretty rich, and this may explain the idle issue. Make sure the main needle is tuned for peak performance and dont be shy leaning it off. Even if you go too far and it suffers a lean cut you wont damage anything. 

• Like 1