My project

Neddy

This is the plane I have been working on as a project. You can see where I have repaired the tail section of fuselage. It has a carbon fibre tube section running inside secured with epoxy resin. One thing I noticed is the tail is slightly angled not lined up with the wings. I will have to see if I can put a slight bend downwards on the fuselage. I think I will be able to do it carefully with heat. Over all it is in good alignment with  rest of plane. If I don't do anything it might porpoise.   We will see.

IMG_20240212_124616.jpg

Neddy,

Definitely get that tail alignment sorted out before trying to fly your machine again.

As it stands your machine will keep trying to stand on its tail.

Also double check the CoG as your repairs will have added weight behind the wing making it tail heavy which will add to the nose up / tail down attitude you have from the bent fuselage.

Good luck

That certainly looks like it's going to pitch up..... needs sorting before flying really as although you may be able to 'trim it out' on the tx, it'll only work for that specific airspeed, and it'll be unpleasant to fly.

If you can't bend the fuselage straight, perhaps reseat the tailplane?

I have checked out cog and it is fine no problems at all. I know you can bend the material with heat but have to be careful not to give it too much. I have already used my heat gun on it when I started to the repair. I had to cut out about 1/2 inch section which had collapsed and then reshape it back to its original dimension using the heat gun. Then put a 1/2 spacer to replace the piece I had cut out to get it the fuselage back to its original length. 

2 hours ago, Neddy said:

I made a jig to hold the fuselage in good molding position I  carefully used my heat gun and left it for 24 hrs now it has finished up with the rear elevator in  proper alignment. 

Hope everything is ok.