PAW 40 TB-RC any body anything

Wilco Wingco

I have just bought one of the above intending to put it in my last vintage old tiler. Its a Majestic Major and the PAW outputs the same umph, according to the technical info I can find. Anybody got any comments on model size it will support, prop size and starting would be welcome. Mike 

Thanks chaps for all the info. I was  gifted the airframe in a less than perfect state. Needed new wing tips , stripping of old covering but i wanted it to be diesel not glow. Just love the sound and smell.. See through wings and tail in yellow and sky blue trim. Here we go . Mike

Once the engine is run in, given that it is a very slow flying model with a thick wing, I would go larger on the diameter and finer on the pitch than those recommendations (8" pitch stated in instructions).  Too coarse a pitch and you will have trouble getting the model down, as the residual thrust at idle will cause it to float and float.  You still need plenty of ground clearance, as the undercarriage will flex a surprising amount and you don't want to break big props.