DX8 Antenna snapped - i blame the wife

MikeQ

Spektrum no longer supply this as a spare part, but there are plenty of third party one's on the internet or old stock about! I have used non OEM on my DX8 as eventually the UJ on mine give up.

From what I can remember its not a difficult job, just take a few photos as you get the case off and start undoing stuff, its more around cable routing etc that's important.

Worth doing a range check on a known good model before flying just to prove its working ok

I've seen many, many taped-up aerials on Spekkies but never seen the cable snapped like that.  
To actually sever the cable an awful lot of force has been applied there - way more than the weight of the tx - so I would suggest thoroughly checking that the RF board connector is undamaged and its connections are still mechanically solid  🙂

Shouldn't be a difficult job. I've replaced several busted aerials on DX7s for club mates and I suspect the DX8 will be similar with a press stud style of connector to the RF board. Don't forget to disconnect the TX battery before starting the repair.

Edited by Cuban8