Walkera Dragonfly 36 Crystals

David Mansfield

Advert

Are Walkera Helis any good? I've got an Esky Honeybee CP2 from rcscale.co.uk (for £92 delivered!) and have found it very good. The only problem is the pitch changes rather drastically with any increase in throttle! This is fine once it has done it once, but I now only tend to fly in a sports hall for safety. I'd heard that Walkera Helis are badly set up in the factory. Are Esky the same?
Jonathan

Hi Guys, I bought a Walkera 60 from RC scale for a good price too, however all the settings were wrong and to date i still cannot get them right. There seems to be plenty of power from the battery but it just will not take off to any great height, it will hover at about 2 feet then just lower to the ground. Any one help me out here? I bought it because it was larger than my Century helicopter and it looked a good price, but 3 months on and its shelved in the study. Im sure its someting easy to sort, prob is the manual is in chinese and difficult to understand the broken english in parts......

I dont know yet Jonathan. I am a new heli pilot. Just frustrating trying to get going with it because of the crystal problem.

I tried a pair of Futaba crystals which seemed to work ok until I checked with the aerial down. I lost contact after about 4 metres so I did not dare touch the throttle. I will try another pair tonight just in case but I suspect that Futaba crystals are not fully compatible. Maybe there is a way to tune them?

Brian, I tried another pair of Futaba crystals last night after a good charge. Unfortunately it was no better and I came to the conclusion that Futaba crystals are not compatible with Walkera although they fitted.

Anyone got any other ideas or can anyone try out other makes as I only have Futaba.

i tried to sort a walkera for a guy at the shop,, the trany was throttle right, and could not be altered, so he invested in a 6exh, and that refused to talk to the walkera receiver despite having matching xtals, so i fitted it out with a gws receiver, and no further probs, but when i test flew it to set it up for him i could not get it above 2 feet from tera firma, to be fair though it was stable, even at that hight, but sooooo under powered,
in the end he shelved it and bought a t rex
phil

I have been told at my local club by one of the helibuffs that futaba crystals should be ok if they are Dual Conversion (with the orange tag) Up til now I had been using the old style as 15 year old style! This is because the Tx has PPM on it. I will purchase a pair in due course and let you all know.

• 6 months later...

Hi boy's

The Walkera 60 is fine all heli's need setting up and the 60 no difrent if the pich setting is to advanced for the rota R.P.M the motor will not be able to lift the heli to any sort of hight, plus the standard brushed motor is not man enogh to fly any hight, and only ideal the leaning with.