Pick -a- 'plane discussions

Tim Mackey

Advert

THank you one and all, in veiw of this, the reasons for asking is, to accomadate power to weight ratio on the hornet, and to phisical available space, will require to Split the the "bat packs" in halve.
 SO, 2 x 7.4v 3000mah 20c 4sp will give me ......... 14.8v x 6000 mah 20c  in each nacelle, powering a 640kvp on a 15 x 8 prop. expcected duration of 12 mins.  ??????   

Not quite Barry. 2 x 7.4V 3000ma packs in series  gives you a 4s pack not a 4sp, and wil remain at 3000ma capacity but double the voltage.
As sated earlier, this thread is way off topic and I request that you start a new thread to discuss it further as you obviously have not quite got it yet
The section you require is "electric flight" - " general topics "

Erfolg, It would be possible to fit stub wings retrospectively. The plan is to make the U/C from sheet Ali (like a typical sport model) and encapsulate the legs with a two-piece scale VAC forming...this way you should be able to make up the stubs and fix them through the VAC forms on to the Ali leg.
Flap will be designed into the model but no other STOL devices.....just haven't the time to apply that level of detail.......

The design is progressing well and I reckon it will be 90% true scale...the plan form and profiles are true scale though.....

Interesting at 66" (1/9th scale) the most suitable engine would be a 52 4-stroke.....any larger and the engine will have to be recessed into the fire wall....not a problem but I'm going to make it work with the 52......in hind sight the model would really suit electric power but IC is the route for this one ..........so lightning design work now needs to be done........keep you posted

Tony  

As i recall, there was a model of a Mustang sloper or PSS a while back that had fixed flaps for when you are learning to fly the beast and removable for when you got the hang of it, could always fit them yourself with pre-fixed angle to suit you.
Flaps with a means to adjust them on the ground and as you become more proficient knock a few degrees off until you dont need them to fly and then connect a servo for full operation,

regards,  Terry

Terrance

I think the model you refered to is/was a trainer. Strangley enough. It had celluliod, leading edge slots and additional flaps, to aid the stall delay and to keep it slow. That is, if i rememberr correctly, I have never seen one.

I am curious, what is, or where is Lysander?

Erfolg 

Yep

That is the one.

Must be good, my first model took me from begineer to incompetant, before  being killed. So to take you, right through to expert, must be both good and unbreakable.

So what is the Lysander named after?

Erfolg 

I remember it was a P51 but had flaps that could be set at 1/2 or full, this was only about 18 months ago, I can recall thinking I may borrow the idea for a MC 202 Folgore that turned into a passing whim and then became a 'must build it one day' model.
Perhaps Tiony could utilise that idea to simplify things for those with only 4 channels, the ailerons, rudder, elevator and throttle will need those and if you need a fifth for those flappy things your out of luck,

regards,     Terry

Tony R ,as I seem not be able "post pic" on the  site , please enlighten the young man, Peter S, in one of the finest fighters Westland ever built.  dear oh dear WHY the young ones only know the most publiised ones, ............. I wil try again   B

Edited By Barry Wetherell on 25/03/2009 07:58:16

Wel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A fine name it would appear for a naval ship, from reading Wikepedia.

Cannot see the link with an aircraft though, other than that is what it is called.

Seems our fore-farthers had a very wide reading of ancient history though. The present new generation, do not know who the Duke of Marlbourgh was, never mind what he did or why. Come to think of it do I?

Tony

Can you draw up those special cannisters that were dropped to British Spies, from the Lysander, and incorporate the shute or however thay were released?

It will be useful to know the shade of "black" the aitcraft were painted. 

I think if I was going to buld a twin it would be either a DH Hornet or a Arado 240, the Whirlwhinge looks a little dated and fragile for me, I suppose treated with a lot of tender loving care it would be OK but when your landings comprise of 5% me and 95% The Will of God  it needs to be tough and bounceable,

regards,    Terry