Carburettor settings OS MAX 40SR

Advert

Nothing to it really, just turn out main mix about 2 turns then put a piece of fuel tubing onto fuel nipple now blow on fuel tubeing whith carb set about tick over position and turn low end mix until you can only just hear a slight squeak. Start the engine and fine tune in the normal way.
Good luck

Colin.

Hallo Danny and Colin,
First of all many thanks for replying to my query. Now where I need some help is as follows, in reversing the throttle lever, I mistakenly changed the setting on the screw in the middle, and now I cannot remember how many turns I changed it!!
Oh! Oh!
Anyway if either of you can help, thanks in advance.
Sir John.

Your "screw in the middle" as you put it! won't affect running the engine at above about ,I would guess 1/4 to 1/3 throttle setting. Get the main jet setting so the engine runs reasonably (preferably on the rich side if running in according to the destructions)Then you can experiment with the offending screw to get a nice idle .
I am only guessing but start off with one turn from closed & be gentle if you screw it all the way in to find the datum for the one turn .Probably an owner will give you an exact starting point to get your idle started.Hope it helps .!

I have just checked mine and it is exactly 2 turns out from fully in. The way you know this setting is correct is to get the motor set correctly on the main needle (I assume it is run in, if not get that out of the way first) then drop the speed to idle give it 5 seconds then open the throttle up if it stammers and hesitates to pick up then the idle needle is rich, screw it in 1/8. If the engine immediately stops when opening the throttle from idle, then it is too lean, the reverse is require, ie open the idle needle 1/8. This jet is more sensitive than the main needle. Always give the engine a good blast at full throttle after changes and before testing the throttle pickup again.