Have JR just put another nail in their coffin?

nasa_steve

hi all
      have you seen the latest retail prices on the DSX9 over £900 how could anyone possibly justifiy that for a 9 channel Transmitter. i think with the current financial climate they may well have put the final nail in the coffin for JR. only the money no object brigade or well paid can afford them now. to me i cannot see the logic in such a high price.
steve

Advert

i really don't know where you are getting your prices from rusper inwoods are priced at  £749.99
the 9xII  is £499 do you not think i'd already looked at this i've been in the game long enough to never make wild claims without having the info to back it all up. the smc price must be pre price increase stock so if you want one get em now because next time they order it'll be at the new price 
like i said its not £790 + whatever price worth of radio and AL freely admits i won't sell many if any
steve

its a shame because just as JR had become competetive they go ahead and do this. i bought my 9XII at £199 WITH synth module from Inwoods about 2 years ago and last summer i bought a module to go in the back to give me 2.4Ghz. i would like to go dedicated 2.4 BUT at these prices i'm priced out of the market i'm afraid
steve

• 4 weeks later...
ah sorry Peter i don't want one,........ i'm happy with what i've got i have no need for a new radio i was just commenting on the way JR have nearly trebled their prices i could'nt possibly afford nearly  £500 for a 9ch radioand had they priced sensibly they would have a larger slice of the market.....i have 9ch and a 2.4ghz module. plus of course we still don't know whats gonna happen with the european commission yet and which way they will rule with regards to the 2.4ghz issue. so for the time being 9XII and module it will be.
nasa

have the commission already ruled on the issue then?
only it has been quite a topic of conversation on most of the forum's the conscensus was that DSM2 occupies two frequencies and Futaba FAssst chanel jumps indescriminately without checking if the next frequency is clear as such. both systems seem to contravene  (no spell check sorry) the current regulation which is why i'm dubious to invest anymore cash until the commission have made their ruling
steve

Trouble is Steve is that consensus of opinion doesn't always fact make. I spoke to the BMFA today and they're not aware of anything pending that could change things. Not saying that nothing wont come up at some point but last years activity at the EU seem to have calmed the waters as far as 2.4 is concerned and going forward.  

I am in no way an authority on such matters AT ALL - however, I doubt that the major players, including now Multiplex , would have invested the millions of dollars required to develop and market this stuff if they hadent first checked that the equipment was legal and likely to remain legal?
Beesides, there are already loads of other equipment such as wi-fi etc that use the frequency, why should R/C be any different?
As long as it complies operationally with the worldwide protocol of GUID etc then surely that is enough?

Both the Spektrum/JR and Futaba systems have received the official green light from nearly all the European regulatory authorities. The one or two (Dutch and Belgians?) who initially banned them admitted that they'd misread the rules, and were told to go away and lift the bans PDQ!

The rules are being re-drafted, but only to make them comprehensible! The originals were so badly written that no-one was really sure what they meant.

After last year's "summit" in Brussels, the rules were taken away to be re-drafted. Putting it simplistcally, anything that operates "politely" (their term, not mine - meaning it will co-operate with other 2.4 GHz gear) will be allowed 100mW erp. Anything that does not operate "politely" - ie single, fixed frequency systems, old analogue TV transmitters, etc - will be restricted to 10mW.

All the existing equipment from major manufacturers meets this specification. As long as you stick to one of the well-known names from a reputable importer, you need have no fears.

However, if you want to import a "Ying-Tong" set from a backstreet shop in Indonesia or somewhere, be it on your own head!

--
Pete

• 7 months later...
Dave can you help
The DSX9 sets from HC say they are CE and ok for the European markets.
McGregor say only fit if they have thier logo on
BMFA - spent a hour looking can't find a clear statement apart from if it has CE accreditation it's ok.

So if I buy from HC and the savings that brings if you don't get caught with inport tax and it has CE marking and certificate is it ok to use?

Are McGregor just protecting their sole distribution rights?

I look at it like this, if a modeller  needs 9 channels then he/she will be paying for a kit/engine costing loads of wonga,so they must have the cash in the first place.

The average sports flyer will need 6 cannels max and not have lots of spare cash to throw at the hobby.

If I had the cash to pay for equipment like that and the model to go with it ,I would pack in the hobby and buy a  full size micro-light..

Having said that, some on this forum do both and have lots of money  .   

crikey this old thread has popped up again. to be honest i would still not buy one priced as they are and certainly not one from HK the only way you CAN gaurantee that it is UK spec is to by from Macgregor i'm afraid.
    so in essence no you cannot gaurantee that you will not have problems by buying from HK or whether they are actually legal to use in the UK. i mean in all honesty how difficult would it be to make a sticker with CE on it???
nasa

Edited By nasa_steve on 04/11/2009 16:46:34