Flycam v3

The grnd vw screen is a little too small to be of real use. It mereley  tries to circumvent the need to take a pc to site.  They are obviously looking at wider applications.

Overall the kit is cool and will attract many a 'gadget geezer', which lets face it we all are !  FPV adaptation is great.  Just need to remember those BMFA guidlines, don't be un-insured !

Price + £ 75.00p I reckon

I ain't into FPV, and I don't want ground photos.  FCv1 works well for me.

BB

Advert

David it's going well sort of had a couple of good flights and managed a landing but tried again and as I approached the landing lost the video link, ( try landing with your eyes closed it's hard) I don't have any thing to capture the video on so can't post any videos yet. I think I will upgrade to the 8DBI patch aerial once funds permit.
The head tracker is working well and I'll post a picture of the latest in head wear when i get some time. Don't do much posting now the weather is getting better not really a "keyboard pilot ".
cheers Ralph

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Am i the only person who thinks this is terrible?

The original fly cam was primative, really really primative with a mirror, i didn't own it but from the review it sound a bit lousy

The V2 which i do own, i have had the audio delay problem and the shutting off after a few minutes recording problem and the picture quality really was not that good to begin with, all these problems stayed when i did the free firmware upgrade.

Now they are releasing this one which is so ridiculously expensive, despite it being bigger and heavier than the v2, it still only just matches it, if it is still VGA it is still going to be rubbish and frankly for that price i would expect the wireless system to go round the world (and it is an optional extra).

I can see there being many problems here.

Maybe they were doomed from the beginning choosing a name like ACME.

Edited By Peter Savage on 18/09/2009 01:20:09

Has yours had the audio problem? (like 5 minutes into the video it will have an audio delay of about 5 seconds!) maybe it was a one batch thing, keep forgetting to send my one back to brc hobbies for a new one, by talking to a guy from acme. I'm sure it would still work on camera mode but that isn't why i bought it, if i wanted to have a camera i would have mounted a cheap camera onto my plane and just used a servo to operate it.

• 2 weeks later...
In fairness guys, that FCO2 was far from satisfactory. Have a look at the forums and see how many people had problems with faulty switches, power connections, firmware etc. I found these because I had these problems too, I barely got 5 flights out of it.

I agree, this FCO3 seems expensive given the track record users have had with its predecessor. Most don't want FPV capabilities, just ariel video/photo, surely a compact STURDY camera with decent image quality cannot be that hard to produce!?!

Nicky.

I suppose it depends on what you expect.
My FCO2 has performed well, yes its only 1.3mpix, yes the sound get delayed, yes the battery life is very short in the cold and yes I could not see any difference with the free upgrade, but it does take reasonable video when the light is good and is small & light.

Mine is 9 months old & has not broken - yet!